Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ten Expressions of Praise, Worship, and the Greatness of God

King David:  "The earth is the LORD's and all it contains, the world, and those who dwell in it."

The Writer of Psalm 104:  "Bless the LORD, O my soul!  O LORD my God, Thou are very great; Thou art clothed with slendor and majesty, Covering Thyself with light as with a cloak...O LORD, how many are Thy works!  In wisdom Thou hast made them all..."

Daniel:  "Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever, for wisdom and power belong to Him.  And it is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men, and knowledge to men of understanding.  It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him.

Seraphim:  "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory."

Nebuchadnezzar:  "For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom endures from generation to generation.  And all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, but He does according to His will in the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and no can can ward off His hand or say to Him, "What hast Thou done?"

Moses and the sons of Israel:  "Who is like Thee among the gods, O LORD?  Who is like Thee, majestic in holiness, awesome in praises, working wonders?"

Job:  "I know that Thou canst do all things, and that no purpose of Thine can be thwarted.  Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?  Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.  Hear, now, and I will speak; I will ask Thee, and do Thou instruct me.  I have heard of Thee by the hearing of the ear; but now my eye sees Thee; Therefore I retract, and I repent in dust and ashes."

Zacharias:  "Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, For He has visited us and accomplished redemption for His people, And has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of David His servant-"

Thomas:   "My Lord and my God!"

Paul:   "Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!  How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!"

The great multitude around the throne:  "Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

Have a great day of worship.

3 comments:

GloryBabies3 said...

He is awesome Kathy...thanks for sharing these today...they ministered to my heart.
B

Kathy Hall said...

God is good, Beth.

Unknown said...

Awesome post, I like your blog!