- God is not really good
- God doesn't love me
- God is just like my father
- God is not really enough
- God's ways are too restrictive
- God should fix my problems
- Life is hard. Romans 8:21-22 - "...that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God."
- God is more concerned about glorifying Himself and changing me than about solving all my problems. 2 Corinthians 4:17 - "For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison."
- God has an eternal purpose He is fulfilling in the midst of my problems. Romans 5:3,4 - "And not only this, we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope..." James 1:2-4 - "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
- God wants to use my problems as part of His sanctifying process in my life. Job 23:10 - "But He knows the way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold."
- No matter what problem I am facing, God's grace is sufficient for me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 - "And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."
God doesn't always grant relief from our problems because He knows hurt is good for us.
Hmm...I really like the second bullet. I think I should make it a refrigerator magnet...