Tuesday, January 19, 2010

HP


I hope Mark Driscoll doesn't mind that I pulled this picture off of his Facebook album...this is the pastor that lost his wife in the earthquake.  This is the man who told the Churches Helping Churches team that he wants help so that he can continue teaching about Jesus.  I don't know this man's name.  I've decided to call him HP, for Haitian Pastor.  Do you notice what I notice about HP?  He is smiling.  He has seen horrible devastation and is living amongst the stench of death, but he is smiling.  HP must have an eternal perspective and the joy of the Lord as his strength.  I'm going to be praying for HP.  I'm also looking forward to the reports brought back by the Churches Helping Churches team.  You know what else I'm looking forward to?  I cannot wait to meet HP in heaven someday!

2 comments:

GloryBabies3 said...

A heavenly perspective indeed..I think this was taken the same day as his wife's funeral. He must know he has not lost her, she is safe in the arms of Jesus. Makes you just want to hug him, doesn't it? How can a man I've never met who lives so far away and who is living through unspeakable tragedy encourage ME in my faith?? O Lord, may you bless and comfort this brother of mine.

Kathy Hall said...

I am just drawn to this dear man Beth, and his story. He definitely has encouraged me in my faith. The first thing I will do when I see him in heaven is give him a big hug for it!