Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jeremiah 31:37

I was reading in Jeremiah this morning.  When I came upon verse thirty-seven in chapter thirty-one, I knew it was going to be about my next blog post...
 
"If the heavens above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out below, then I will also cast off all the offspring of Israel for all that they have done, declares the Lord."

Now watch this you tube video on the size of the universe.  (I believe it's a secular production...I am a young earther.  It mentions the universe being billions of years old...just ignore that part...)

Do you get the picture of how great God's love is for Israel in spite of her sin?  The heavens cannot be measured.  They are so vast, so expansive, so HUGE.  He will never stop loving Israel.  God is a covenant keeping God, period.  He has that same love for all of His elect.

Wow...

We know God is really, really big because of the size of the universe.  He created it.  He says He holds it in the palm of His hand.  I think another reason God made the universe really, really big is so that we can kind of, sort of, get a bit of a grasp on how much He loves...I still can't wrap my mind around it...

(Louie Giglio videos are from a biblical perspective...Here's a great one to check out...)

No comments: