Saturday, January 23, 2010

Marion


 This is me and my friend Marion the day we and several other gals baked 137 dozen cookies for our Living Nativity.  Marion landed herself in the hospital yesterday battling a virus.  I spent a few hours with her yesterday and then a couple with her today.  They are going to let her go home tomorrow.  (The hospital staff will be bored to tears without Marion around...)  She is greatly loved by everyone at church.  She loves all of us and the Lord with all her heart.  Her physical heart isn't doing so well.  The virus has weakened it.  They will adjust her medications to make her heart work more efficiently.  While I was there this evening our worship leader and his family stopped in.  (She really is greatly loved.)  Marion and Paul teased back and forth.  Marion told him she found out the bathroom in her room has great acoustics.  Paul said he had a song he wanted to sing for her.  We all laughed when Marion suggested he go in the bathroom to sing it.  He sang Psalm 23 to the tune of "Oh, Danny Boy."  It was breathtaking.  I pictured the Great Shepherd with His arms around my dear friend.  Anyway, I wanted those of you who haven't met her yet to meet her.  Thanks for your prayers for her.  (And yes Marion, I will get over next week to give you my Psalm 19 lesson.  I know, I know, I've been promising that for three months now!)     

8 comments:

Kathy Hall said...

Oh good grief...I think my first edition made it sound like Marion was at death's door! Please reread. (The trouble I can get myself into...for the love...)

Kathy Hall said...

...and that is not why Paul sang Psalm 23!

Kristen Wisen said...

For the love...you crack me up! Darling picture of you and Marion. Just the sound of her name puts a smile on my face...praying for her...

Kathy Hall said...

...she is going to get a kick out of this when I tell her.

...for the love...

GloryBabies3 said...

For the love! You had me scared there for a minute until I read the comments! Tell her I said hello!

Kathy Hall said...

....humphhh...

I will, Beth...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kathy ... Bob and I are in the dark out here on the road. Marion is a sweet lady. Please tell her Hi for us and we are praying for a quick recovery. Bob and Julie :)

Kathy Hall said...

Hey Julie! Good to hear from you. I will definitely pass along your hello. Did you see my comment under Update on Marion? I talked with her this morning and she feels much better and she is hoping they will send her home today.