Thursday, February 4, 2010

Psalm 147:3

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
 
I'm going to go straight to Spurgeon's notes on this verse...they are so good...I've italicized my favorite part.

"...Few will associate with the despondent, but Jehovah chooses their company, and abides with them till he has healed them by his comforts. He deigns to handle and heal broken hearts: he himself lays on the ointment of grace, and the soft bandages of love, and thus binds up the bleeding wounds...This is compassion like a God. Well may those praise him to whom he has acted o gracious a part. The Lord is always healing and binding: this is no new work to him, he has done it of old; and it is not a thing of the past of which he is now weary, for he is still healing and still binding, as the original hath it. Come, broken hearts, come to the Physician who never fails to heal: uncover your wounds to him who so tenderly binds them up!"

1 comment:

GloryBabies3 said...

Amen and Amen and Amen....so thankful for my Savior who has not only picked up the smallest pieces of my broken heart time and again, but collected my tears in His bottle as well. I love Him.