Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Joy Inexpressible

I have never seen Him, but I love Him.  I cannot see Him now, but I believe in Him.  No matter what my circumstances, when I set my thoughts on Him and what He has done for me, I experience a joy, a deep-down wonderful feeling, that goes beyond the reach of words and expression.

Who is this unseen One that moves my heart to such exultation?

It is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  The One who bore the wrath of God for me, which I deserved.  The One who gave me His record of perfect righteousness. 

1 Peter 1:8 - "and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory."  

Someday His gift of faith to me will be sight.  Then, what depths of unspeakable joy will flood my heart?!

No comments: