Saturday, February 27, 2010

Earthquake in Chile

I woke up to the headlines of an 8.8 earthquake in Chile.  Wow.  That is huge.  There was the devastating earthquake in Haiti last month.  Yesterday a large quake hit Okinawa, Japan - the same day a friend of mine was headed there.  Then this massive earthquake in Chile with tsunami waves probably headed to Hawaii.  My mind immediately went to the birth pangs the Lord spoke of while instructing us about what will occur before He returns.  Besides telling us not to be mislead He also says, "See to it that you are not frightened..." - Matthew 24:6.

How do we keep from becoming frightened with these headlines that seem to be coming at us at break-neck speed?

I love Psalm 16:8.  That whole passage there is one of my favorites...

"I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."

Beloved, we must set our minds on things above, on Him.  He is our Rock, our Fortress.

8 comments:

Dane said...

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10

Kathy Hall said...

That's a great verse too Danish. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hey, Psalm 16:8 I considered to be my life verse for a long time. Now I'm trying to make it Habakkuk 2:4. We'll see how it goes.

Kathy Hall said...

Hey Darrin. I can't say that I've ever really had a life verse but if I did, I think it would be Psalm 16:8-11.

Kristen Wisen said...

My dad taught me I Chronicles 26:18 as a child and told me to tell every Sunday School teacher I ever had that it was my life verse...some things just stick with you...(hi, guys!)

Kathy Hall said...

I think I know now which side of the family you got your sense of humor from, Kristen...

Unknown said...

Let's see....
1 Chronicles 26:18....

Huh? Wait, try KJV...

Oh, it's a traffic report. How... umm... interesting.

Kristen Wisen said...

You would have liked him, Darrin...I've told you that before...and yes, it's the right verse...