Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Heavenly Perspective

So, did you watch the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics last night?  I was saddened to learn of the athlete who was killed during his practice luge run.  The special affects were amazing.  Whales and salmon seemingly swimming in the middle of the stadium - that was really cool.  I had already gone to bed so I missed the malfunction that took place during the lighting of the cauldron, only heard about it.  But what captured my attention the most, what really stood out to me - this mass of worldwide humanity, celebrating itself and the earth...no mention of the Creator, the LORD of the universe. 

But here is heaven's perspective...

Isaiah 6:3 - "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, the whole earth is full of His glory."

4 comments:

Kristen Wisen said...

Hi, Kathy!
I've been without internet since Thursday, in case you were wondering if there was a partial rapture or something...

I agree with you - both the Chinese opening ceremony and now the Canadian one praised man and seemed to have idols everywhere! Those big figures that were raised from the ground and when the Indians greeted the world, they raised their arms, sure seemed like idols to me. I remember being heart broken with the idolatrous and false religion symbols with the Chinese ceremony...this one was full of it as well. Pretty spectacular special effects but empty of truth..

Hope you're feeling well...it's good to be connected again!

Kristen

Kathy Hall said...

Well, if you were raptured, I'd be very disappointed to be left here...made me smile.

I thought the very same thing about the figures as they raised their hands. I think I even said something to Tim about them looking like idols. If I remember correctly, you said about the Chinese opening ceremony that the Lord was not impressed, at all. I think the same holds true for this one!

I am much better. Still have a bit of a cough, but my energy is back. I even played handy-girl today and replaced Annie and Ruh's front door lock set. Life is good!

Kathy Hall said...

...I even had to go out and buy new pants today, a size smaller...

:)

Kristen Wisen said...

YAY!!! (too much fun...)