Tuesday, February 23, 2010

But You, Brethren, Are Not in Darkness

I thought it would be fun to direct you to my very first blog post.  I wrote it about 2 1/2 years ago, in the fall of 2007.  It's rather long and it tells you how I came to my understanding of when Christ will come and rapture the church.  My first blog was called "But You, Brethren, Are Not in Darkness."  When I wrote that first article, I thought for sure I was going to change the world, or at least the world of those who would read the article.  I thought for sure that everyone who would read up on the prewrath position of the rapture of the church would change over to that view.  This just has not been the case.  Two and a half years later I still think the prewrath position best reflects what is taught in scripture regarding the return of Christ.  What is the prewrath position?  It simply takes Matthew 24 at face value and applies it to the church, viewing the elect in Matthew 24:31 as the church.  Brethren, we are not in darkness concerning the return of Christ and the events associated with it.

No comments: