Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jesus Teachings on His Return from the Gospels

I have put together for you a paraphrase of Jesus teachings on His return from the gospels.  I've color-coded each section to go with the reference where the instruction and truths are given.  With some work, when we take what Jesus taught regarding His return, where our gathering occurs in relation to the great tribulation no longer remains a mystery but becomes crystal clear truth.


Matthew 28:18-20
Matthew 24:3-36
Mark 13:5-27
Luke 21:25-28
Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43
Matthew 5:3-11
John 14:3
John 16:33

"I, Jesus, am with you, My disciples, always, even to the end of the age, when I return." Earlier, Jesus disciples had asked, "What will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" He told them, "See to it that no one misleads you for false Christs will come and mislead many.  You will hear of wars, but that is not the end.  There will be famines and earthquakes.  These are just the beginning of birth pains.  You will then be delivered over to persecution.  You will be killed.  You will be hated because of My name.  Many are going to fall away, proving that they were tares, that they were look-a-like believers that My enemy, the devil, had sowed.  So, when you see the abomination of desolation which Daniel talked about, standing in the holy place, those who are in Judea should flee to the mountains.  For then there will be a great tribulation, like never ever before.  Unless I cut those days of tribulation short by My coming, none of My chosen ones will remain and survive to the end, when I return.  But immediately after the tribulation, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky.  Then My sign will appear in the sky, all tribes of the earth will mourn when they see Me coming, but when you see the lights go out and feel the shaking of the earth, look up, for your redemption is drawing near.  At the harvest, which is the end of the age, I will send my angels, the reapers, to gather the wheat, into the barn.  Remember that I told you this in the parable of the wheat and tares.  I will send my angels out with a great trumpet.  They will gather my chosen ones, the wheat, into the barn, at the end of the age.  You are the wheat, the sons of My kingdom - the poor in spirit, the mourners, the gentle, those who hungered and thirsted for righteousness, the merciful, the pure in heart, the peacemakers, the persecuted because of Me.  No one knows the day or the hour of My return.  It will happen sometime after the great tribulation begins.  I will cut the great tribulation short by My return.  I will return to some who live and endure to the end.  All authority has been given to Me by My Father.  Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them,  teaching them to observe all that I have taught and commanded you, that includes the truths about My return.  I want each generation of disciples to teach the next generation of disciples, on down to the generation that will see these signs - the abomination of desolation, the great tribulation, the cosmic signs, and then My return.   This generation will not pass away - the generation that sees these signs will be the generation that will see My return.  I will be with you all, every single generation, always.  I am preparing a place for you.  I will come again, at the end of the age, and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.  In the world you have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world." 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, this is really good. There is a cohesiveness to scripture and you have conveyed it really well. It took some time to read through it carefully, but it was worth it.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

-The Orange Mailman

Kathy Hall said...

Thanks, Orange. I was told recently that the return of Christ is a mystery. That usually lights a fire under me and I end up writing a blog post.

Karin Koontz said...

The color coding was cool!