Sunday, January 23, 2011

Little Buddies




These are the latest pictures of Daniel and Charlie, taken today.  Daniel is eighteen months old and Charlie is four months old.  I think they are going to be the best of buddies, don't you?  Daniel is very sweet with Charlie, only it comes out more like "Cha-chi", when Daniel says his name.   

Charlie left with his mom this morning for Viet Nam.  Mai is taking him to meet his other grandparents.  As I write this, they are somewhere over the Pacific Ocean.  Charlie will have his own little basinet to sleep in, thanks to Asiana Airlines!  They should arrive in Ho Chi Minh City at around 8 am Monday morning, West Coast time.  


Please pray for Mai and for her parents.  She wants her parents, who are Buddhists, to come to know the Lord as she has.  Pray she will be a light and that her parents will be drawn to the Lord by her changed and tender heart.  

Mai has a wonderful testimony of how the Lord drew her to Himself.  When she was in jr. high school, a friend found a back pack with a picture Bible in it.  She read it from cover to cover, over and over again, drawn to its stories.  In high school, the Lord blessed her with a believing friend, even though she still didn't know Him yet.  In their science class, when they were in the unit on evolution, her friend whispered in her ear, "Don't believe it, it is a lie."  She met my son then three summers ago when they were both up working in Alaska.  Ben brought her to meet us before she returned to Viet Nam at the end of the summer.  I gave her a Bible.  I encouraged her to read the book of John.  We began to email and she would ask me all kinds of questions.  Well, the Lord opened her eyes during that time and she turned from her sin and gave her life to Christ.  That day rated among the top five most wonderful days in my life!  I have come to love Mai greatly.  She is a precious daughter-in-law, a good wife to Ben, and a sweet mother to Charlie.

Thank you Lord for blessing my life with her...please bless her with the joy of seeing her entire family come to know You too.

4 comments:

GloryBabies3 said...

Oh, I will be praying for this too Kathy! She should be arriving just about now right? It's almost 11 here. Sweet pictures..I'm sure you will miss them both terribly. Have a good week! I'm back on plan this morning..pray for me! You haven't heard from me cuz I've been naughty!
Today is a new day!
Hugs and love,
Beth

Kathy Hall said...

Thanks Beth!

Hang in there...be consistent, it's hard work but with the effort comes great reward!

Karin Koontz said...

The pictures are adorable. I love the last one. Charlie looks like he isn't quite sure he likes what Daniel is telling him. I can't wait until you can come and get some great shots of Ethan and I'm hoping sometime soon you can get the three of them altogether.

It sounds like everyone is getting skinny!

I will be praying too.

Beth, if you read this...I love your username. I'm assuming it stands for your kids?

Kathy Hall said...

They landed safely, were delayed an hour and a half. Made it through customs just fine. Charlie never cried once. What a great little traveler!