Saturday, April 24, 2010

"Salvation is not mainly the forgiveness of sins...

...but mainly the fellowship of Jesus.  Forgiveness gets everything out of the way so this can happen" - John Piper.


I'm on to a new book.  Finished "Choosing Gratitude."  Well, I am doing the devotional exercise in the back but I am finished with the meat of the book.  If you are looking for a wonderful, life-changing read, get your hands on this book by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.  Every once in a while a book lands in my library that becomes one of my favorites.  This book definitely fits into that category! 

I'm now reading Piper's book, "Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ."  Oh, my!  This is also going to go on my shelf as a favorite.  A new believer rejoices in the grace and mercy of God over the forgiveness of their sins.  Then as they grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus, He becomes more and more precious.  If you've been in Christ a long time and have pursued hard after Him, you know exactly what I am talking about.  Salvation truly is about fellowship with the Savior.  Our joy is derived from a Person.  Jesus Himself is our great reward and we find our ourselves longing for Him and the Blessed Hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Dane said...

YES! Now I have some books to read! :) thanks

Kathy Hall said...

A man after God's own heart will really enjoy Piper's book! :)