Friday, April 16, 2010

Choosing Gratitude

So I'm reading this great book given to me by a great friend...

Above is the title.

Author: Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

For my next several posts, I'll be passing along the nuggets nestled within its pages - the ones that really resonated within my heart.  Here's the first one....

"I've come to believe that few things are more becoming in a child of God than a grateful spirit.  By the same token, there is nothing that makes a person more unattractive than the absence of a grateful spirit.  I have learned that in every circumstance that comes my way, I can choose to respond in one of two ways:

I can whine

-or-

I can worship!

And I can't worship without giving thanks.  It just isn't possible.  When we choose the pathway of worship and giving thanks, especially in the midst of difficult circumstances, there is a fragrance, a radiance, that issues forth out of our lives to bless the Lord and others."

No comments: