Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mai

There's someone I want you to meet.  My daughter-in-law, Mai.  (The "a" is silent and the "i" is long.)  She is one of the sweetest girls I've ever met and completes my son, perfectly!  We worked in the kitchen tonight fixing dinner.  Well, actually, I mostly watched her fix dinner.

(To view small album, click here.)

She made spring rolls and soup.  I could not pronounce the Vietnamese name of this dish correctly if my life depended on it, but it was delicious!  (Tim wasn't too thrilled with the fish sauce for dipping the spring rolls in, but I didn't think it was too bad.  According to Mai, fish sauce is made over a period of several months.  You throw fish into a barrel along with some salt and let it ferment.  Hmm...)


Anyway, I have been enjoying Mai immensely.  She just loves Daniel to pieces and Daniel has taken to his Auntie Mai.  He grins from ear to ear when he sees her.  She went with me to Bible study this morning and I introduced her to all the gals at church.  They welcomed her so warmly.

Thank you Lord, for this precious addition to our family!

2 comments:

GloryBabies3 said...

Hi Mai!! Welcome to the family! So glad you are here. Dinner looked delicious by the way!

Kristen Wisen said...

Great pictures, Kathy! So glad to hear the family is all together, safe and sound. Mai is beautiful! What an exciting spring you are having...