Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This is my woodpile...


...some gals go to the gym for their work out. I split wood! While I work I ponder and this is what I was pondering on this morning. We are dead in our sin. Spiritually dead. Deadness is unable to respond to anything. If we are dead in our sin and since death has no ability to choose life, God must step in and bring new life. Jesus tells us that God begins the process of our salvation by drawing us. None seek for God. None have understanding. God begins drawing and places the desire in us to seek Him. He gives us the wisdom to understand. He gives us the ability to respond to His drawing. For some it is a very quick process. Just look at Paul's conversion. He wasn't even seeking! For others the drawing and seeking may take months, perhaps even years, but everyone who's name is in the Book of Life will pass from spiritual death into spiritual life. In an email conversation awhile back Kristen sent me this beautiful picture in words of what God's gift of salvation looks like. "A dead man can receive the gift of spiritual life because God places His arms around ours, lifts our hands, encloses our fingers around the gift, and breathes life into our dead souls."

What privilege is ours by being one of His chosen!

I know I've blogged about this before, but His grace continues to amaze me...

No comments: