Thursday, August 30, 2012

Jesus is My King

Last night, Tim and I watched just about all the speeches at the Republican National Convention.  I loved the governor of New Mexico and her comment about packing a .357 that weighed more than her.  Condoleeza Rice's speech was the most inspiring for me and made me glad I was an American.  Did you know she gave her speech just from notes, and not the teleprompter?  I think Paul Ryan would make a phenomenal Vice President.  It is rather mind-boggling, however, that come November, we will either have a president who claims to be a Christian, but supports abortion and same sex marriage, or, a man who believes Jesus and Satan are brothers.  America is spiraling downward because America is full of sinners who need the gospel.  Just because a man claims to know God, doesn't mean that man has a right standing before God and the nicest man on the planet will not gain a right standing before God, for his niceness.  It is what we believe about Jesus Christ and then bowing the knee to Him.  You and I need the gospel, the good news, that Jesus saves and changes sinners.  We need to be boldly proclaiming that good news.

Romans 13:1 tells us that "there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God." Yes, I will vote, and when all is said and done, God will put His man in the White House and I will be content with His decision, because He is in control, governing all things to His glory.  "For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.  To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36

I don't know about you, but I can't wait for the return and then rule and reign of Jesus...

(***But for the grace of God, I could still have blinders over my eyes as to who Jesus Christ is...)

No comments: