Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cleaning Off My Desk...

I have a small tablet next to my computer.  When I want to jot something down, I pull a piece of paper off and scribble away-  a phone number, a grocery item, a scripture reference I don't want to forget, but mostly nuggets of biblical truth that have crossed my path and jarred my thoughts.  I'm cleaning and organizing my desk this morning.  I don't want to just "throw" these nuggets away so I thought I would pass them along to you.
  • God hates sin.  God hates the effects of sin.  He hates death.  God hates that people die because of a sinful world...
  • The Lord brings hard things to cultivate a testimony of faith...
  • Faith is not a leap in the dark - it is a response to the revelation of light...
  • God is at work in us, freeing us from our old values and desires, giving us a passion for Jesus so that we are free to love Jesus, display Jesus, magnify Jesus...
  • What God plans, He does...
  • I am under obligation to Jesus, because He forgave me...
  • Forgiveness: Releasing the debt that person owed to me.  I won't bring it up to others.  I won't bring it up to myself...
  • Everything exists, including evil, and is ordained by an infinitely wise and holy God to make the glory of Christ shine more brightly...
  • Nine times the NASB uses the word "marvelous."  Each time it refers to marveling at God in some way.  We were made to marvel, at Him, not the other way around...
Revelation 15:3

"And they sang the song of Moses, the bond-servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, “ Great and marvelous are Your works, O Lord God, the Almighty; Righteous and true are Your ways, King of the nations!"

No comments: