Wednesday, May 4, 2011

500th Post


It was just over 3 1/2 years ago that I posted my first blog.  If you are interested, you can read it by clicking here.  It is my rather long prewrath testimony and it is at my original blog.  At the time I wrote it, I had a passion to get the truth out regarding the Lord's return.  I had believed error for decades. While I still love the doctrine of the return of Christ and it is still my desire for believers to see the truth, my passion has moved to seeing believers love and long for the Lord and His Word, for there is where abundant life is found.  I came across this Piper nugget this morning which fits right in line with my heart, for you.  It is a prayer...

Ask God to touch the tongue of your soul and make His word "sweeter than honey and drippings from the honeycomb."


How is your desire for His Word?  Would you rather sit in your favorite comfy chair with your favorite dessert than with your Bible?  Do you even know where your Bible is at?  Psalm 1 tells us a happy believer is happy not because of their circumstances, but because of their thought life.  A man is happy when when he ponders on the Word of God, around the clock.  There is a time to ponder on God's Word, and there is also a time to act on it.  James tells us that we are blessed when we go from hearing the Word to acting on it.  Our day should go from reading God's Word, to pondering on it, to acting on it.  Without this process, no change into Christ-likeness will occur.  When you read Paul's writings, his great passion was to see believers grow in their faith in Christ and in their love for each other.  It is what he labored for and for what your church leadership labors.  Jesus prayed that the Father would sanctify us in truth, but there is an obligation on our part for making this happen.  We have to be in the Word because His Word is the truth that effects our sanctification, our growth.  We can never be reminded enough or exhorted too much in this spiritual discipline because the flesh is weak.


Will there be another 500 posts here at Overcomer?  I don't know.  I'd sure like to see the Lord's return before then, but we haven't seen a covenant yet.  We haven't seen the abomination of desolation yet.  We haven't seen the great tribulation begin.  We've got a bit of a ways to go.  But in the meantime, if your soul does not long for the Word, ask the Lord to cause it to be sweeter than your most favorite dessert.  This is one prayer that the Lord will be greatly pleased to answer...

3 comments:

Dane said...

Congrats on number 500! :) Thanks for the interesting reads and bits of encouragement. It does more than you know.

Kristen Wisen said...

Congratulations, Kathy! 500 is quite an achievement. I also agree with your conclusions, about where we are at and about what we should be craving! I would love to see a blog post about how the Lord has changed you over the past 3.5 years...

Kathy Hall said...

Thanks, Dane and Kristen. Dane, looking forward to meeting you and your family soon! How has the Lord changed me? Let me do a bit of pondering on that, and I'll get back to you...