Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Trip to California - Album Two

The reason for my trip to California was to honor my mom, to be with her to celebrate Mother's Day.  Just a month ago we nearly had to say good-bye.  She suffered a pulmonary embolism after having cancer surgery and ended up in critical condition.  Well, as you saw in album one the Lord spared us much grief and she is now the picture of health!  Still tires easily but so much better than when I left her last month.

On Saturday, the day before Mother's Day, my mom's church held a waffle brunch.  (I was good and ate my oatmeal before...)  My sister Betty Ann was the program.  She had written a script, taking literary license regarding the story of Martha, Mary, and Lazarus, with nuggets of truth woven in.  It was like a reader's theater.  She also sang along with the script and had the audience sing along in places as well.  My sister Sherry sang a couple of duets with her.  (It was just beautiful, Betty Ann!)

That is where album two begins, at my mom's church.  


The second part of the album was shot on Mother's Day.  Karin hosted all of us.  We had a potluck/bar-b-q in the evening.  The weather was a bit too chilly to eat outside so we set up tables in her living room.  I love her decor.  She has all the old family pictures up on her walls.  You will see them, including a couple of my grandmother and great-grandmother, who I mentioned in Album One.  As is our tradition, we sang the doxology before our meal, something I treasure.  After eating we went outside and took some family shots.  It was such a fun day!

To enjoy the album, click here.

No comments: