Monday, May 17, 2010

My New Adventure

This is Nicole, and she is going to be part of my new adventure.  She is in the high school Sunday School class at my church.  As of June 6th, I will be her new Sunday School teacher!  Nicole is graduating from high school and I had a photo session with her on Saturday for her senior pictures.  She is sticking around for the summer before she heads off to college, so she will by my student for a couple of months.  I visited the class yesterday.  The outgoing teacher introduced me to all the kids.  There are about ten and I think the boys outnumber the girls by two to one.  They are bright, funny, and eager to learn.  I am putting together my lesson plans for the summer.  My prayer for these kids is that they develop a heart for the Word, their view of God will be enlarged through our time together in the Word, and they will be motivated for service, longing to offer the Lord their love and obedience, out of gratitude for the His great gift of salvation to them.  So, I would imagine my blog posts will center much around my study time for my lessons! 



Nicole, Saturday was fun.  Looking forward to being your teacher, at least for a couple of months!

2 comments:

Kristen Wisen said...

Whatcha going to study? (great pics!)

Kathy Hall said...

I am going to launch with Psalm 19 and then we are going to dive into Ephesians...