Saturday, March 20, 2010

Annie's Race

What a gorgeous day we had here today in the Puget Sound!  A perfect day for Annie to run her first 5k race.  The event was held at Warren Magnuson Park in Seattle, right on Lake Washington.  There were probably a couple hundred participants.  It was still jacket weather when we arrived at 9 AM but by race time at 10, coats were shed and we were soaking in the sunshine.  The album begins at the park for the race and after the race we drove to Golden Gardens Park and Shilshole Bay for lunch.  We had an amazing view of the snow-capped Olympic mountains.   

So proud of you Annie!  What a fun, fun day!  
(Lots and lots of Daniel pics too...enjoy!)

4 comments:

Kristen Wisen said...

Yay, Annie! I am so proud of her! Loved the pictures - and Daniel is getting so grown up looking! He looks so comfortable with you and Tim. Loved the special effects of the black and white pics with Annie in blue. You are such a good mom, Kathy!

But I missed the arms-fist-pumping-above-the-head-at-the-finish-line shot...

Kristen Wisen said...

Oh, and Annie looks great! Tell her to keep up the good work!

Annie said...

Thanks Kristen! I know I should have pumped my fists in the air but I promise I was extremely excited to cross the finish line without having walked at all! :) I want to see a picture of your progress Kristen!

Yep, my mom is a pretty great mom! :)

Kathy Hall said...

I agree with Annie...we want to see your progress too!

(Love you Annie!)