Thursday, December 17, 2009

Today is my husband's birthday....


Doesn't he have a great smile?

Let me tell you about him...

He likes dark chocolate,
steam trains,
the end cut on a prime rib roast,
World Magazine,
taking walks on rainy days,
walnuts on his brownies, 
calling me on his cell phone because he can and not because he forgot the list,
a lively political discussion,
grilling,
when I laugh at his jokes,
singing in the choir,
growing a garden,
surprising me with flowers,
jazz,
 decaf French roast coffee (with "no room" - if he gets it at Starbucks),
eating out at the Ram,
giving Daniel the tickle-spider,
when the Seahawks win,
 lunch with a view of Mount Rainier,
lap dogs that don't bark too much,
teasing Daisy,
meeting new people,
Starbucks old-fashioned donuts to go with his decaf French roast - "no room",
phone calls from Ben,
cooking shows,
when Annie kisses him good-bye on the cheek,
borrowing Ruh's van to make a dump run and then filling it with gas,
keeping me safe,
reaching for my hand when I walk by his recliner.

And that smile...still makes my heart swirl!

4 comments:

GloryBabies3 said...

Awww..great post! You have me grinning here in Michigan!

Happy birthday my new dear friend! So glad we get to spend eternity together especially since we live so far apart now. Hope you have a great day!
Beth

Tim said...

Thank you for the birthday wish Beth. And yes we are all "safe" here.

Kristen Wisen said...

I worry about your safety all the time out there in crazy Washington! It's good to have a big, strong husband who knows how to protect his woman! Plus handsome...Kathy, you're one...um...uh...(what word should I use???)...blessed woman! Happy Birthday, good lookin'! Done any painting lately???

Kristen

Kathy Hall said...

Made us chuckle, as usual. Yes, I am blessed! Tim said to tell you thanks for the birthday wishes and he hasn't done any painting lately because he's too busy keeping everyone safe...