Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mammoth and Yosemite Video


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


I just love this video. Annie put it to music. Unfortunately it cuts off before you get to the end. There is something about music that stirs the heart. I watch it and see all my family whom I love so much and I get a lump in my throat. This reminds me of the Psalms. The Psalms are songs or poems. That is what the word psalm means. They are meant to be read or sung as poetry or songs. Poetry and singing is intended to stir up and carry the affections of the heart. The Psalms give expression to an amazing array of emotions.

In Psalm 18, David begins this song with "I love You, O LORD, my strength." He composed this just after the Lord delivered him from all his enemies. This Psalm is the song of a grateful heart overwhelmed with a retrospect of the manifold and marvelous mercies of God. David directed it to God.

The Psalms are also meant to be instructive. They teach us about God, man, and life. If you haven't spent time with the Lord today, take some time and read through Psalm 18. May you gain an even greater understanding of Him, may it enlarge your view of Him, and may it stir your heart because of His manifold and marvelous mercies!

No comments: