Friday, November 14, 2008

PSALM 65:4

The word "choose" in Psalm 65: 4 jumped out at me as I was reading yesterday...

“How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee, To dwell in Thy courts. We will be satisfied with the goodness of Thy house, Thy holy temple.”

It seems that even David understood that God chooses and draws worshipers to Himself, giving them hearts that will be satisfied with His goodness! We are not sovereign and self-determining. It is God’s choice for those who will awaken to His goodness and be satisfied in Him. He is calling out a people for Himself to proclaim His excellencies and be satisfied in His goodness. We scatter the seed of the good news of Jesus Christ and leave the results up to Him. We beg others to taste and see that the Lord is good, but He determines if the heart will be receptive soil.

I thank Him for His mercy and grace on my behalf…that He has called me to be satisfied in Him. There but for the grace of God I would still be dead and unresponsive in my sin (Eph. 2:1)…a non-understander and a non-seeker of God (Rom. 3:11).

No comments: