Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THE SIXTH SEAL-Click on image to view larger

Image by Tim Hall-Lunar Eclipse/2-20-2008
(copyright '08)

My husband captured this image of the moon tonight just as the lunar eclipse was unfolding. Seeing the moon like this took me immediately to Revelation 6:12 where we learn that when the Lamb breaks the sixth seal the sky will be blackened with the sun going dark, the moon will become like blood, and the stars will fall away as the sky splits apart. The glory of the LORD will then shatter the blackness. Men will faint from fear at what is coming. From Luke's account we know at this point we are to look up because our redemption, our deliverance is near. We will see our Deliverer riding on a cloud with His angels, and then we will be gathered to Him. Oh what a day of glory, marveling, and rejoicing that is going to be!!! Yet Beloved, there will be the hard labor of persecution against God's elect before He comes, none like the world has ever seen. Will you be an overcomer of the Accuser during that time? You will be if you have turned from your sin and trusted in His atoning work on the cross, where He shed His blood for the remission of your sin and mine.

Revelation 12:11: "And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even to death."


4 comments:

Alf Cengia said...

Hi Kathy. Thought I'd pop in to see if all was well. I was thinking, what with all your great photos, why don't you place a panoramic pic behind the Title Header on your blog? I guess I'm a bit of a sucker for God's grand scenic views.

Kathy Hall said...

Hi Mac,

You know, I was thinking I should do just that. I just need to figure out how! I'm sure if I went into the settings it could be figured out. All is well with our family. Thanks for dropping by and saying hi.

Kathy

Alf Cengia said...

Go into customize and click to Edit the Header. You then have the option to import a photo (panorama is best for your layout) from your PC or the Internet. Select shrink to fit and voila. You might have to change the color of your text if it clashes with the pic. You can do that in "Fonts and Colors".

I haven't taken out my old dusty Minolta yet...it's so ancient! I'll eventually upgrade (God willing) to a Canon as the finances allow.

Kathy Hall said...

I will just have to try that Mac. Thanks! I have two Canon Digital Rebel XTs. I love them. I also have two Canon Elan 7 film cameras but I hardly ever use them any more.