Tuesday, February 5, 2008

DOES MATTHEW 24 APPLY TO THE CHURCH?

We all believe context is important when dealing with Scripture, right? Who is Jesus TEACHING in Mt. 24? It’s His disciples…they are BELIEVERS. Here is a question for you. If you don’t believe these instructions were given to believers, but only Jews, are Jewish believers “left behind” when the believing church is raptured? Of course not. It was BELIEVERS who were asking what to look for. Mt. 24:3: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” If Jesus were going to tell UNBELIEVERS what to look for, wouldn’t He have said to the disciples, “You don’t have to worry about what is going to happen. I will come get you first, but then, if someone gives their life to Me AFTER I’ve taken all believers off the earth, here’s what they should do”? No. He simply says, this will happen, and then this, and then the AofD shows up, as Daniel prophesied, then things get really bad. Then this, and this, and this, then the lights go out and here I come. He could not have been clearer! To look at this and say this is only for the Jews, then you have to say that either Jewish believers will not be raptured, or Jesus was not answering the question He was asked. Are the beatitudes applicable to us, or only the Jews? What about the parables? Can we find truth in them, or are they only meant for the Jews? There are specific promises to the nation Israel, but we are His CHOSEN people (1 Pet. 2:10) and His teaching absolutely applies directly to our lives. We cannot pick and choose.


(Thank you K.)

6 comments:

PWTribune said...

It really is simply absurd and absurdly simple! Good post.

PWTribune said...

And I'm confused. Why do you have two blogs about the same thing? Or are they different? Or am I imagining things?

Kathy Hall said...

I'm going to be phasing out You are Not in Darkness. I just haven't had the heart to delete it yet.

PWTribune said...

Are you going to import some of the content to here? Let me know what you want me to do and I'll place this blog on my list instead of the other one if you want.

Dave

Kathy Hall said...

I will let you know Dave. Thanks.

Kathy Hall said...

testing...