Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bond Slave


"The early saints delighted to count themselves Christ's absolute property, bought by Him, owned by Him, and wholly at His disposal.  Paul even went so far as to rejoice that he had the marks of his Master's brand on him, and he cries, 'Let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.'  There was the end of all debate; he was the Lord's, and the marks of the scourges, the rods, and the stones were the broad-arrow of the King which marked Paul's body as the property of Jesus the Lord.  Now if the saints of old time gloried in obeying Christ, I pray that you and I ...may feel that our first object in life is to obey our Lord."  

Charles Spurgeon

Do we really see our lives as not our own, but, as belonging to the One who paid a very high price for us?  Do we find delight in obeying and serving Him, or are we desperately seeking our own way and yet finding no lasting satisfaction in it?

No comments: