Thursday, January 31, 2013

All Broken, But One

Written by my friend, Marion...

Last year, my father-in-law passed away.  I took his nativity set home with me.  It is very beautiful and very expensive, and I love it.  As God would have it, the box was flipped over and smashed to the ground.  I just cried.  I installed the entire set of broken pieces into the trash.  Well, my husband dug all of it out of the garbage and, piece by piece, glued every figurine together, all but one.  Jesus was the only piece in that entire set that wasn't broken.  I'm serious. 

One of my son's dearest friends was admiring the nativity this year.  He had no idea the trauma this set had endured last year.  We laughed as I told him every piece is broken and meticulously super-glued together, all but one.

Rich, wise men and their camels they rode in on - lowly, poor, stinky shepherds and their unruly sheep they tended - a simple girl and the honorable man who covered and protected her..  All sinful - all flawed - all broken --- but One.  Jesus.

May you ponder this year just how lovely God meticulously super-glues your brokenness, snatching you out of darkness and the shadow of death, to guide your feet into the way of peace before a Holy God.

"By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace."  Luke 1:78-79

2 comments:

Susie1NarrowRoad said...

Isn't this an awesome picture, Kathy! What a great God! Thanks for sharing it on your blog also! Marion is a gifted verbal artist.

Jen Machiela said...

I just love the way God works and what He uses to capture our attention and our hearts and send His message. AMAZING!