Sunday, September 12, 2010

Welcome, Charlie!

There is someone I'd like you to meet, and his name is Charlie.


Charles Lee Robert Chi Hall, second grandson, third grandchild, was born at 11:11am on September 10th.  He weighed in at 5 lbs. 15 oz. and from head to toe he is 18 1/4 in length.



Mai had a doctor appointment the morning of the 9th.  She was showing signs of Charlie's imminent arrival so the doctor sent her and Ben directly to the hospital.  Tim and I joined them soon after.  It was quite a long labor, over 24 hours, but after he was born, we all forgot about the weariness, only joy.  I grabbed my camera, of course, and you may follow the story pictorally by clicking on the album link at the bottom of this post.  You'll be able to tell at what point Mai had an epidural...she was a trooper for the first twelve hours, but became exhausted as contractions came three minutes apart from the start.  After the epidural, she was able to sleep, and this was while she was in hard labor, amazing!   

Charlie comes home this morning.  I did go see him last night.  I was amazed at how in just 24 hours, his little head is now perfectly round...so don't be alarmed when you see his head just after he was born.  We are truly fearfully and wonderfully made.  God has accommodated that travel for babies as they are coming into the world. 

Charlie's story begins with Mai and Ben in the labor and delivery room and ends with the family gathering around to welcome this new, sweet, bundle of joy.  And that is exactly what babies are.  Those of you who are expecting your first grandbaby, (or grandbabies!), you are in for one of the greatest experiences of your life!  And, it is just as wonderful and awe-inspiring at the goodness of God and His marvelous works, for the second time, and I would imagine the third, and fourth, and fifth, for them all! 

Pray for this little guy, that he will give his heart over to the Lord at an early age, that he will love Him with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength, and that he will long for the His return, just like his grandma! 

Enjoy the album...

Welcome, Charlie!


 


Oh, about his name - Charles is for his great-grandfather, Lee is for me (my middle name), Robert is Tim's middle name, and Chi (pronounced Chee) is Mai's dad's name...

My new favorite quote of Ben's - "There is no longer such a thing as night, just one, long, perpetual day."

You are a very attentive husband and father Ben, I'm so proud of you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! I cried through the entire thing. Kathy, your ability to communicate this through writing is superb. Charlie is one of the cutest babies I have ever laid eyes on! I love the family picture and Ben; I too, am adopting your saying... WOW! Thanks for sharing. I love you guys.

Karin Koontz said...

I think you need to be in So Cal in early January with your camera.

Kristen Wisen said...

So fun! Thanks for the pics. What a wonderful thing for you to be with them through that whole process...five names? Poor Charlie is going to have to sign them all some day...third grade cursive is going to stink!

He is precious - can't wait for mine to arrive. My sister tried to get me to take a newborn last Friday (long story), but I think my empty nest is going to fill up quickly with twins soon, so I passed...

Hope you are well and ready for the next chapter of this adventure!