Thursday, June 3, 2010

John 17:19 - "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth."

Jesus set Himself apart willingly to die on the cross, so we could be set apart to the Father through the truth.  Are you pursuing the Word with a passion and an eagerness and taking it in so that it can be translated into a sanctified life?

May we say daily with the psalmist, "I have chosen the faithful way; I have placed Your ordinances before me...  I cling to Your testimonies...How sweet are Your words to my taste!"

"How blessed are those who observe His testimonies, who seek Him with all their heart" - Psalm 119:2 

God will accomplish His work in us yet the mystery is we also have a part in it.  We must choose to be in His Word and then choose to obey it.  We can experience the doing of it with full joy and blessing rather than experience it kicking and screaming with reluctance.  

If I had my choice I would rather be perfected by the truth than by trials, wouldn't you? - John MacArthur 

No comments: