Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Wonderful Company

Certainly you must have had them, company that when they are here, you are nourished, refreshed, and strengthened, and when they go their leaving leaves a bit of a hole in your heart?  That's what that tender and precious bond in Christ will produce.  What a blessed time my family and I had with Beth and Kristen!  Lots of sweet fellowship, lots of great conversation around the Word, and Kristen even let me and Beth win at cards a couple of times! Unfortunately, we didn't solve all the world's problems, but we sure had a great time.   

(Kristen, Beth, Me)

The highlight of the week was having Kristen close out our visit by speaking at our ladies Fall Fellowship.  She spoke on "Enlarging our View of God."  The theme verse was Psalm 34:3, "Oh magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together."

It is easy to identify ourselves with certain individuals we find as we go through a passage in Scripture, but Kristen encouraged us to look for God when we read our Bibles.  As you read the Word ask these questions:

  • What does this reveal to me about God?
  • What is God's involvement in this passage?
  • What do these verses tell me about God's desires, His plans, His character?
The larger our view of God that we gain, the more life will make sense.  Life is all about lifting Him on high, even when we are in the dark and lowest valleys of life.

We spent the evening enlarging our view of God by working our way through three different passages, one in Genesis, one in the Psalms, and one in a Gospel.  We then corporately responded by lifting Him high in song.  Oh the sweet sound of 45 women singing acapella "Great is Thy Faithfulness."  Beth signed the words while we sang and it was beautiful.





Well, I still have some more special company that I need to get back to.  My mom and sister are here until Saturday and my uncle and aunt arrive tomorrow to close out their visit.  More sweet fellowship ahead! 


(Mother, Daisy, Me, Kristen, Karin, Beth, Annie, Daniel)

Thank you so much for coming and pouring into our lives, you two!

5 comments:

Kristen Wisen said...

You're mom's a card shark...

Eva said...

Just don't put that on my headstone Kathy...

Kristen Wisen said...

You're mom's a sweet, godly, kind-hearted, lovely card shark...

Kathy Hall said...

Now that would bring a few smiles to those reading it...

My mom wanted me to pass along to you that her godliness came out last night in that she let everyone win...she came in dead last. And Daisy wanted me to pass along to Auntie K that she came in second, and even led for about half of the game...

Kristen Wisen said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go, Daisy!

As for mom, I would expect her to do something selfless like that...card sharks usually try to lull their prey to sleep before attacking...sorry, kind-hearted card sharks...