Saturday, June 13, 2009

Daniel


Early Friday morning my cell phone rang at 1:29am. It was my son-in-law. My daughter's water had broken. They would be coming by in about ten minutes to drop my granddaughter Daisy off to stay with Grandpa and pick me up to go to the hospital. As we rushed to the hospital, Annie's contractions were coming hard and just two minutes apart. Annie was scheduled to have a c-section on Tuesday, June 16th, because Daniel was breech. It was apparent that he was not going to wait that long! It was Annie's desire for me to chronicle in pictures this wonderful event. If you click on this link you will be taken to the web album I put together, then click on slideshow. We begin in the triage room where nurses bustled in and out, monitoring Annie's contractions while the doctor was summoned and the OR was being prepared. There are several images of Annie enduring a contraction. She was a real trooper! Only one support person was allowed in the OR. That had to be dad! A nurse took a picture of mom, dad, and baby right after Daniel arrived at 4:46am, on June 12th, four days ahead of his due date, and the date that Gramma predicted! (Aren't the mom's always right?! Well, at least 99.9% of the time!)

Daniel mirrors his father. He has long fingers and big feet! Annie is going to be a wonderful mother. She has not received much sleep since then. I've been at the hospital during the day while my son-in-law takes the night shift as her support. Annie is so tender to Daniel. It's such a delight to watch them interact, to see him searching for the sound of her gentle voice with his eyes as she softly talks to him. His daddy adores him too. That morning has to rank in my top five, of the most joyous days of my life!

Before he was even born, I prayed that the Lord would draw Daniel to Himself. A dear friend wrote after viewing the album that she prayed the same thing for Daniel, that the Lord would bring him into a relationship with Himself at a very young age, avoiding the pitfalls of sin which accompany a youth of rebellion. Rather to walk with the Lord his whole life would be blessing beyond compare...

This truly would be a blessing.

Thank you Lord for sweet, little Daniel, such a precious gift!

No comments: