Monday, June 8, 2009

CIRCUMSTANCES

Philippians 1:12 caught my attention the other morning – “Now I want you to know, brethren, that my circumstances have turned out for the greater progress of the gospel…”

Paul’s circumstances were that he now found himself imprisoned. Most of us would probably view that as a negative thing. Paul had become a prisoner for preaching Christ. He ended up in prison simply by fulfilling his calling. But Paul’s imprisonment proved to be no hindrance to spreading the message of salvation. It actually created new opportunities.

The lesson to be learned is that when my circumstances change to what appear at the onset to be for the negative, I need to remember that God is sovereign, overseeing every detail of my life. I need to look for the opportunities in my circumstances to magnify Him. Is there someone He’s about to bring my way with whom I can share Christ? Is there someone about to cross my path that is going to need a word of encouragement? Life is not about my ease and comfort. It’s about loving the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving those around me.

Paul said for him to live is Christ. In every circumstance let’s look for the opportunities to exalt our Greatest Treasure and to show kindness and love to others.

No comments: