Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"HAVE FUN AND STAY BUSY"

One good shout out deserves another.

The Orange Mailman was kind enough to point out that he put a link from his blog to mine. You will notice to the right that his blog is one which I suggest you also might enjoy. Darrin is a master at comparing scripture with scripture. When searching for truth, that is one of the key components in discovering truth. The Psalmist said that the sum of God's Word is truth. We know God's Word does not contradict itself. If at first there appears to be a contradiction, a responsible, thorough, and diligent student of the Word will make a careful search of other passages to find the common denominator that makes all the passages fit together. It was comparing scripture with scripture that gave me the confidence that we can know with assurance when the Lord's return for His own will occur in relation to other end time events.

If you haven't checked out Darrin's blog, take the time to do so now. He is about as thorough and diligent as you can get. He plumbs the depths of scripture that leaves me in amazement. You won't be disappointed.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Kathy. "Plumbs the depths"??? Wow! Maybe I should go back and read my posts again.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

-The Orange Mailman

Kathy Hall said...

You are what I call a deep thinker's thinker!

Kristen Wisen said...

Might I add that when things get sticky over at Fulfilled Prophecy Orange is the one who usually jumps in and straightens everyone out...

I can't believe you are on a first name basis with him, Kathy...you two have this mutual admiration club thing going or what?

I'm just teasing...I actually appreciate both of your commitments to teaching the Word and challenging believers to dig deep and study prophecy with a consistent hermaneutic. My father would have enjoyed knowing both of you. I have a feeling he would have enjoyed talking with you and when it comes to Orange, they would have had lively discussions that would have been WAY over my head! Don't you agree?

Congratulations on the 100th post and don't let your competitive little daughter give you a hard time...

Kristen

Kathy Hall said...

Thanks Kristen...made me smile. I think you are selling yourself short. I consider you a deep thinker's thinker as well! Tell you what, when we get to heaven, we'll both enjoy listening to Orange and your dad, but the great thing is that we'll both understand and be able to join in as well!

(I can handle Annie...)

Kristen Wisen said...

Kathy -

I was chatting with Pooch and her college roommate the other day about sovereignty, eternal security, election...you know, typical kitchen table conversation...and I made the comment that a "simple study through the book of Romans would put any argument to rest." Since then Pooch said that whenever she discusses anything with her roommate, her roommate ends the discussion with the comment, "Well, you know, a simple study of Romans should put any argument to rest!'

I think they're mocking me...

When Katherine told me this I thought, Kathy knows what I am saying...

Kathy Hall said...

That's the kind of kitchen table conversation I love!

I know EXACTLY what you are saying...

(Insert one of those FP smiley faces here...)

Annie said...

Mom, you need to get your kitchen done so I can come over and have a "kitchen table conversation" with you! :) I love it when you ask questions that take a lot of mulling over! :)

I miss you Kristen! :)

Kathy Hall said...

I worked on it today. These things take time...

Ok, here's one for you Annie...according to Luke 21:28, at what things are we to straighten up and lift up our heads, because our redemption is near?

Kathy Hall said...

To find the answer won't take a lot of mulling, but you do need to look at the surrounding context...

Kristen Wisen said...

Your mom sent me a picture of you, Annie! It looks like everything's moving along nicely! I am praying for you and little Daniel...my twins still talk about your visit. We miss you, too!

Kristen