Monday, December 22, 2008

WHITE AS SNOW

I wasn't planning on writing any more posts this year but since my sister has graciously allowed me access to her beautiful new laptop I thought I'd bring you up to date on our exciting weather.

My husband and I left just before the "arctic blast" hit the Pacific Northwest. My daughter has been sending me updates and reports that there is now 15 inches of snow on the ground on our Gig Harbor property. Absolutely unprecedented for our neck of the woods! You can view pics of all our snow at my daughter's blog. Even my son who spent three years in Fairbanks is in awe of all the snow and is ready for it to be over! He reported to me today that he witnessed people cross country skiing in Tacoma, the city where he works.

There's nothing more beautiful than a fresh snowfall. I love how the Lord uses His creation to teach spiritual truth. Snow is a substance that is naturally white and portrays what is clean. Isaiah spoke of sins as being as white as snow. Before being sealed into the body of Christ we are spiritually dead in our sins. The Lord reaches down with His great love, draws "non-seekers" to Himself, opens our eyes to our lostness and sinfulness, grants us repentance, redeems us with His blood, so our sins can be washed as white as snow.

He's been piling on the reminders at my house of this magnificent truth!!!

2 comments:

Marge said...

Kathy,
Merry Christmas!!!

Love,
Marge
Brrr :)

Kathy Hall said...

Thank you Marge! Merry Christmas to you too! I don't know if you received the general email that was sent out to all the cave dwellers so I'll let you know here...my daughter and granddaughter made it down - two hours late. My son-in-law is stuck in his driveway. He won't be making it down. My son got stuck too, but a neighbor came along and gave him a ride to work and from work he is catching the Kitsap Airporter. Lord-willing he will make it to us sometime late tonight. What a way we started winter!

Blessings to you dear friend!

Love,
Kathy