Saturday, December 13, 2008

THANKS...

...to all my faithful visitors, for all your kind words and good discussion over the last year. I'm taking off for a month. My husband and I are headed to Southern California to spend the holidays with my family and to shoot my twin sister's oldest daughter's wedding. We are looking forward to those sunny skies and warm temperatures! My mom already has several handy girl projects lined up for me. I will be helping my sister with last minute wedding preparations. I plan to just enjoy visiting with my family. Therefore, I probably won't be posting until I return. Have a blessed Christmas as you celebrate the first advent of the Prince of Peace.

A single star announced His arrival two thousand years ago. Now we watch for the signs that will signal the end of the age and His glorious return to gather His elect! (Mt. 28:20b - "...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.") If I were to ask my granddaughter Daisy what the biggest sign of all is, that will signal His return is near, she would flash me that big grin of hers and say, "The abomination of desolation Grammy!" (If you're like me, you check periodically at The Jerusalem Post for any development in regards to the building of that third temple!) And if I asked, "Where would we find more of the signs and instructions from Jesus to know what to do after Antichrist exalts himself (2 Th. 2:4) in the temple?" She would reply, "Matthew 24!" And when the sun goes dark and the moon turns to blood, and not just one but all the stars fall from their places, then we know His return is imminent! Then we are to look up, for our redemption draws near! (Luke 21:28)

What an announcement that is going to be because the whole world is going to see it, and Him! (Rev. 1:7)

Take encouragement in these words Jesus spoke right before He told the Father of His desire to have us be with Him...

John 16:33 - "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

2 comments:

Marge said...

Kathy,
Have fun in So. CA., and God bless!
(I left a little note, on your older, My Sheep Hear My Voice.)

Love,
Marge
Brrr! It's blooming C-O-L-D!

Kathy Hall said...

Hi Marge,

Yes it is cold! We've been watching the temperature drop all day. With the wind chill factored in, that makes it even colder!

I did see your other note. Thanks for the well wishes. My sister made me laugh when she said they were going to freeze when the temps hit the 50s during the day this next week. That cold front is making its way south. I told her that was shirt sleeve weather for us! Their winter is our spring!

I won't have as ready access to a computer as I do here at home, but I do hope to check in with you all in the cave a couple of times while we are away.

Have a wonderful Christmas. I'm going to go throw another log on the fire!

Lots of love,
Kathy