Saturday, December 6, 2008

MY HEART SONG FOR THE DAY

What joy to know that just before Jesus faced the cross, He prayed for me...

John 17:20 - "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word..."

My heart really started singing when I read verse 24...

"Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world."

Jesus asked the Father that we, the Father's love gifts to the Son, might be with Him and behold His glory.

While we behold His glory at the present time in the pages of Scripture, someday we will be with Him and behold His glory face to face!

Philippians 3:20 – “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ…”

1 John 3:2 – “Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.”

I hope your heart sings at these words too. To think that Jesus longs for us to be with Him, where He is, what unconditional love! And because as the perfect, sinless, Son of God, Jesus always desired the will of the Father, we know this longing of Jesus will come to pass!

No comments: