Saturday, March 10, 2012

Psalm 23, Personalized


Lord, You are my Shepherd,
my Good Shepherd.
I am never in want of any good thing You know I need.
You are righteous,
therefore,
You are my Righteous Guide.  
Because of who You are 
I can completely trust You.
You lead me to quiet places
when I am in the midst of turmoil,
or am weary,
and there You are my Restorer,
my Refresher.
All I need, truly, is You.
I do not fear evil because You have me enclosed
behind and before, and Your hand is laid upon me.
You are with me in the tranquil places
and You are with me in the dark and daunting circumstances.
You will be with me as I am nearing death.
You will never leave me, nor forsake me.
Your presence and protection
brings me continuous, reassuring comfort.
My enemies, those who disdain me and would see me
lack all good things,
those who would rejoice to see me destroyed,
see how You provide and care for me.
You are my Gracious Host,
my Abundant Provider.
My cup brims over at the table You have set before me.
You pursue me, enveloping me
with Your goodness and kindness and love,
moment by moment,
day by day,
all the days of my life.
I will dwell in Your house, with You, forever.

2 comments:

mac said...

Great post, Kathy!

Unknown said...

Beautiful way to say the psalm
Thank you