Wednesday, January 18, 2012

White as Snow


I'm sitting at my desk, looking out the window, and it is snowing.  It is swirling around, first falling in one direction and then moments later, in just the opposite direction.  Then, sometimes it falls like when you shake-up a snow globe, all different directions at once.  For me, snow is one of the most beautiful things that Jesus created.

The scene I am also seeing contains the appearance of deadness.  There is a cottonwood tree next to our pond.  It looks dead, because the leaves fell off last October.  The snowflakes are catching and clinging to the bare, dead-looking branches.

The Bible says we are dead in our trespasses and sins.  (Eph. 2:1)  Jesus came, died on the cross, bore the wrath of the Father for the sins of His chosen, so that our sins, dark like the color scarlet, could be as white as snow.  (Isaiah 1:18)  In other words, our sins are completely covered, forgiven.  Our slate is wiped clean.  We are pure, clothed in the righteousness of Jesus.  Before repenting of our sin and turning to Christ and believing in Him, we don't appear dead, we are dead, spiritually.  We are separated from God and life with God.  After repenting of our sins and turning to Christ, we are placed in Him and His righteousness makes us acceptable before God.  We are no longer dead in our sins.  We are alive, spiritually alive - and the voice of Jesus resonates within our hearts.  Looking at the cottonwood tree reminds me that I was once spiritually dead, but Jesus made me alive, wiping out the certificate of debt I owed Him because of my sin, and now I am pure and clean, my sins are white as snow.

***

I began this post yesterday.  Today, we woke up to seven, fresh inches of beautiful, white snow.  My bedroom window is next to a light.  I woke up several times in the middle of the night to see snowflakes, it seemed like millions of them, sparkling and swirling like diamonds, the light reflecting off of them - so beautiful.

I was out and about taking pictures of our snow today.  We didn't have the wind that was forecast, but we sure did get a beautiful covering of reminders of Jesus love for us.  The above image is our cottonwood.  To view a complete album, click here.  Enjoy!

No comments: