Monday, December 26, 2011

Correction...

I had said in this post that the angels were created sometime during creation week.  I don't like being biblically inaccurate!  I was reminded today that angels sang at creation.  Here is the biblical record from Job 38:1-7:


"Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind and said,
“Who is this that darkens counsel 
By words without knowledge? 
“Now gird up your loins like a man, 
And I will ask you, and you instruct Me! 
“Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? 
Tell Me, if you have understanding, 
Who set its measurements? Since you know. 
Or who stretched the line on it? 
“On what were its bases sunk? 
Or who laid its cornerstone, 
When the morning stars sang together 
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?



Angels therefore must have been created before Jesus created the physical universe...


(And Kristen, I do love your mom's theory that the star was actually an angel...I thought that was really cool...)

3 comments:

Kristen Wisen said...

Genesis 2:1 tells us that the heavens and earth were completed and all their hosts. This is after the completion of day six in chapter one. "All their hosts" means angels as well. They could have been created during the creation week and still have sung during that week. I think you were right in your first assertion.

Kathy Hall said...

That's the verse that I remember you mentioning. I see your point. Maybe they were created very first, and then everything else followed? Something I can ask when I get to heaven...

Kathy Hall said...

And I mean they were created first, during creation week...it seems they would have to be since they sang when Jesus laid the foundation and cornerstone of the earth...

Interesting and fun, to ponder on...