Saturday, August 20, 2011

Enter Your Rooms, Close Your Doors

"Your dead will live;
Their corpses will rise.
You who lie in the dust, awake and shout for joy,
For your dew is as the dew of the dawn,
And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits.
Come, my people,enter into your rooms
And close your doors behind you;
Hide for a little while
Until indignation runs its course.
For behold, the LORD 
is about to come out from His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
And the earth will reveal her bloodshed
And will no longer cover her slain."
Isaiah 26:19-21

"For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."
John 6:40

"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.  If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."
John 14:2,3

"And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them."
Revelation 21:2,3


Hmm...so here's what I have going through my head - resurrection, gathering of all the elect at the sign in the sun, moon, and stars, the signal that the day of the Lord's wrath is about to begin on the inhabitants of the earth for their sin.  Will all the elect be shown their dwelling places in the New Jerusalem, before God's wrath begins to fall?  There will be a remnant of Israel being protected in the wilderness at this point in time...of course I'm thinking it would be after we are standing before the throne and before the Lamb, saying, "Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

Resurrection, rapture, 'round the throne, rooms, wrath - just letting you know what's been on my mind today...  Looking forward to finding out, longing to see Jesus, face to face...aren't you?  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I'm telling you, this really hits home. When I began studying this whole prophecy issue, mainly hearing conflicting views on the rapture, I prayed and asked God to open my eyes to the truth. In my Bible reading schedule, I was going to read straight through the OT prophets. I prayed and said something like, "God, the ansswer to this question isn't necessarily in just the New Testament. Show me how this is going to happen in the OT prophets." Shortly after that I came to this scripture (Isaiah 24-27) and I said, "That's it! That's exactly how it's going to happen." And it lines up perfectly with John 14. And then here you go posting on this.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

-The Orange Mailman

Kathy Hall said...

Exciting, isn't it?