Monday, July 11, 2011

Isaiah 66:1-3

 Thus says the LORD,
   “Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool.
Where then is a house you could build for Me?
And where is a place that I may rest?
 “For My hand made all these things,
Thus all these things came into being,” declares the LORD.
“But to this one I will look, 
To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.


As Creator, God is sovereign over all things.  Because of His majesty no one can build a house for Him in which to dwell.  This passage tells us what the One who created us values.  The Lord values people who are humble and contrite and who follow His word.  The Sovereign, Majestic, Creator of the Universe comes to rest and dwell in the hearts of those who acknowledge and bow to His majesty and Lordship, who acknowledge and mourn over their sin, who fear and obey His word.   


No comments: