Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Few Thoughts on God from Romans 8:28-30

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.  For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first-born among many brethren; and whom He predestined, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified."  Romans 8:28-30

  • God is sovereign, He runs the universe, and what He is able to do is mind-boggling...
  • God is stunningly amazing, bigger than I can even remotely attempt to comprehend, because He is working for the good of His elect, all at the same time, not wasting anything that happens to accomplish this good...
  • God is purposeful and it revolves around His Son; God holds His Son in the highest esteem...
  • God was before the beginning and has planned the end from the beginning in the lives of His elect and sees it already as accomplished...
  • God transforms lives, for the glory of His Son...
Conclusion - Wow...

!

3 comments:

GloryBabies3 said...

He predestined me...me...to be conformed to the image of His Son. He is conforming me so that I look like Jesus...Jesus!! I am called, justified by no works of my wretched self and then He uses the word glorified when He is talking about...me. Wow...

GloryBabies3 said...

Just looked back at the album of Daniel turning 2..so cute!! And is that our sweet Daisy in..gasp...make up AND a skirt????

Kathy Hall said...

Oh magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together!

Daisy is getting so grown up!