Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mt. Rainier National Park

Today I said good-bye to my twin sister Karin, but not before a trip up to Mt. Rainier.  We live just two hours from this beautiful national park.  There are waterfalls, huge Douglas Fir trees, lots of wild flowers, you truly are in awe of God and His creation when you visit.  We took Karin and Dave up there yesterday.  I was worried that with the cloud cover we would not get to see the mountain, but just before we headed back down, after spending a bit of time at the visitor center, the clouds broke and there was the mountain...so beautiful!  Karin said this park was just as beautiful as Yosemite, where we camped often as kids.  I think I would have to agree!









 



I took the day off and just enjoyed the scenery so Tim was the photographer.  Daniel had his first experience on a swing yesterday as well.  He loved it, as you'll see in the pictures.  I also need to tell you about Fox in Sox, whom you'll meet in the album.  My brother-in-law, Dave, creates picture stories with a red, stuffed fox with blue socks, a  Dr. Seuss character.  Dave has a great sense of humor and they are really funny.  Tim took some pictures of Fox for Dave and I'm sure Dave will probably use them.  In the album, Karin is walking back to our vehicle with Fox, with a cute smile on her face.  She talked the park ranger at the entrance station into a picture with Fox.  I don't have that image, but I'm sure Dave will make a caption that will have us all in stitches.  The park ranger was great and played right along.

(By the way, when I was thirteen, I wanted to be a park ranger.  Just thought it would be fun for you to know that.)

Click here for the album, enjoy!

1 comment:

Karin Koontz said...

We had soooooooo much fun...thank you for a very special day! I love you.