Sunday, January 25, 2009

NEW PREWRATH NOVEL

It was in October of 2007 that Kristen Wisen introduced herself and left a comment on my first prewrath blog. Her father, Robert Van Kampen, is one of my heroes of the faith. I'd read a couple of his books and when she identified herself as his daughter, needless to say my delight spilled out as a shriek to my husband in the other room. She had written to encourage me to not lose heart, though many would probably initially reject prewrath, she told me I was planting seeds to help prepare believers for the return of Christ. She has become a dear friend since then. We email often and have learned we both love to dig into the rich and wonderful truths of God's Word.

Well, her second novel is set to debut on February 15th. The first one, "The Appearing", was great. (I haven't told her this but I love the second one even more; I was privileged with a sneak preview read!) It is riveting all the way through. I was working on a photography project when she sent me the manuscript. I told her it would have to wait until I finished my editing. Now, when you've been editing photos for hours on end it gets rather tedious. I needed a distraction. I picked up the manuscript and I'll let you guess which I finished first, my photo project or the book? It was the book.

To visit Kristen's website and learn more about "Overcomer", (she'd already picked out the name before we met), click here. Go ahead and order it too while you are at it. You won't be disappointed!

Oh, and what's really cool...we are getting together for the first time next month. And speaking of the rich and wonderful truths of Scripture, Lord-willing, I'm going to get to hear her teach Romans 8 to the gals in her ladies Bible study!

No comments: