Thursday, June 20, 2013

God's Masterpiece


I will disappoint you, because
I am sinful and flawed.
I will fail 
you at times,
because I am God's workmanship,
in progress. When He is finished with His
masterpiece you will see only Jesus. Right now,
because of the blood of Jesus Christ, the Father sees
 His children like His Son.  We are justified.  We are seated
with Him in the heavenlies. But there are parts of us that remain,
that do not image Him. The Father is sculpting, trimming away
those parts, changing us and shaping us into a perfect image
 bearer of His Son.  I will be your friend.  I will listen to you. I
will laugh with you. I will encourage you.  I will admonish 
you.  I will pray for you.  I will hug you when you are
discouraged, but Jesus loves you perfectly and
the One who loves perfectly, completely
satisfies. Look to Jesus for your
perfect satisfaction
and identity,
because, I will disappoint
and fail you at times, but Jesus never will.

No comments: