Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Looking for God...by Chloe

One of my Awana kids had an assignment for one of her sections - to look for the character of God in scripture.  She wrote what she found down and gave it to me a couple of weeks ago.  I asked her permission if I could post it to my blog.  She said yes.  Here is what she came up with - I love my Awana kids...

God is an incredible Father.
He cares for us.
He will discipline those He loves.
Good and perfect gifts come down from Him.
His love is so big that we can be called children of God.
He knows what we need.
Jesus is God.
Jesus let the little children come to Him - that's because He loves them.
He fed five thousand people - that shows He cared for them.
Jesus cried over death - this shows that God is sad over death.
Jesus said that He was the Bread of Life - He taught people that He fed so that they might have eternal life.
God wants to have a relationship with us.
Those who are believers are allowed to become sons and daughters of God.
Jesus came to seek and save what was lost.
God loves everyone.
God provides for the birds of the air and lilies of the field.
He provides for them - we shouldn't worry.
God made us - He is the potter, we are the clay.
He is a Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows.
God will not change - other things will change, He will not.
He will always take care of us.

This gentle and sweet 12 year old, is well on her way to knowing God, and being changed into His image.


1 comment:

GloryBabies3 said...

I think we should all have such a list that we just keep on adding to.