Tuesday, February 5, 2013

No Sweeter Words

Considering Matthew 11:28-30, from the perspective of the sin of worrying...

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."

Are there any sweeter words in God's Word than these?

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me..."

Those two oxen that are tethered together when they pull a plow - it's the strength of the two that are better.  Jesus wants us to slip into His yoke.  His shoulders are so big and massive and strong - we are just walking beside Him while He is doing all the work...caring for us.

"Come to Me...and I will give you rest."

Rest in the knowledge of who I am - I am your Master.  I am invested in you.  I will provide for you because I own everything.  I have all the resources.  I will take care of you.  I am also your Father.  I love you dearly.  I know you intimately.  My thoughts are always upon you.  I gave My Son for you.  I paid the highest price possible.  I love you and I am going to care for you.

No comments: