Saturday, May 19, 2012

As the Rain

“Give ear, O heavens, and let me speak;
And let the earth hear the words of my mouth.
Let my teaching drop as the rain,
My speech distill as the dew,
As the droplets on the fresh grass
And as the showers on the herb.
For I proclaim the name of the Lord;
Ascribe greatness to our God!
“The Rock! His work is perfect,
For all His ways are just;
A God of faithfulness and without injustice,
Righteous and upright is He."
Moses - Deuteronomy 32:1-4


As the rain refreshes and brings benefit to the earth, the instruction of God's Word will bring refreshment and benefit to all who will follow it.  This message is for everyone!  God is like a rock, stable, and permanent.  God is unchanging, unlike us.  His work is without flaw.  What He says He will do and He always does what is right and good and equitable - His actions flow from His righteous character.  Aren't you glad He is working to make us more and more like Him?  Our part, to walk according to His instruction, and someday, we will be, completely transformed into His image.


Jesus, You are my Rock - there is none like You!  I give You praise, for You are my righteousness, and Your name is sweet, like the fragrance after a rain...


No comments: